e enjte, 5 korrik 2007
What do you do if you want a dog house design to construct a suitable home for your pet? You have the following alternatives:
* You could go to a carpenter who can offer you an impromptu dog house design, on which you can work in your specifications.
* You could visit a showroom that specializes in dog houses.
* You could run a search on the Internet where you can find thousands of sites that specialize in dog house design.
What a Good Dog House Should Have?
That depends on what you want the dog house for. Is it a temporary day shelter, or is it the actual home of the dog? If it is a temporary day shelter, then you should look for a dog house design that is esthetic more than strong since at night the dog will sleep inside the home with the family. These dog houses serve to protect the dog in the day time from sun and maybe mild rain.
If the dog house is the permanent house of the animal, then the dog house design should cover not only the beauty but also the strength to fight the vagaries of nature. In this case the size of the dog-house will also be very important. When the dog feels cold, it usually curls into ball in order to conserve heat and energy. When they do so, their body heat will also warm the air around the body.
Hence, the ideal dog-house should be big enough for the dog to feel comfortable while it should at the same time be small enough to for the dog to be able to warm up the air around its body.
Other important factors to keep in mind while you are choosing the dog house design for your pet is that the house should have good ventilation; this is so the stale air would not be trapped inside. Usually, it is recommended that the house has a vent on the top. Besides, circulating the air, this will also reduce the humidity to a large extent.
Choose the material for the dog-house with a lot of care. The material should be washable, waterproof, insulated, and beautiful at the same time. All these qualities can be found in the pre-fabricated materials like polypropylene. Not only these have all the above mentioned qualities, it can also be easily disinfected.
Once your dog-house has been decided upon, you could then go in for a good all-weather, dust-proof bedding to complete the perfect home for your pet.
e mërkurë, 4 korrik 2007
The most difficult time for any dog lover is when they have to leave the house for a long period of time. Whether this is for an office tour or a vacation, it is always traumatic to leave the dog behind. The best choice is to have someone live in your house to care for your dog, but not many can afford to adopt this option. The other option is to leave the dog in a kennel.
What Type of Dog Kennel Supplies You Will Need to Leave
First of all, you will have to choose a kennel that is most suitable to your dog. If your dog loves frills and needs constant attention, then a regular kennel will not be suitable. The regular kennels will provide the necessities but no luxuries. This is ideal if you are gone from 2-7 days, as the kennel will feed, exercise, and offer a nice place for your dog to sleep. However, if you are planning a trip for more than seven days, then it will be good if you can ensure that your pet gets the right type of attention in your absence.
Check Out the Kennel Well Before You Decide Where You Will Leave Your Dog
There are few pre-requisites for a kennel to pass the test; the following are some points that could be checked out:
* It should have sufficient space for exercising the dog outdoors, as well as have sufficient indoor space so the dog does not feel claustrophobic.
* The place is clean and smells good – not dirty; particularly check the beddings provided.
* It is well ventilated.
* The kennels are spacious and have adequate light provision.
When you leave your dog, in order to make the transition the least painful, you will need to provide the following dog kennel supplies:
* A small favorite toy for chewing or keeping close.
* Preferably a small clothing piece which has your smell.
* The dog's dish bowl.
* If they have a favorite brand, stock it among the dog kennel supplies.
* The dog's leash so it will feel comfortable.
Besides, all the above dog kennel supplies you will need to provide the kennel with your telephone number, the telephone number of your veterinarian, and any tonics or vitamins that the dog is supposed to take along with the meals.
Lastly, do not forget to give in writing the method and type of diet your dog follows. The best dog kennel supplies will be useless if the instructions of how to use them are not included.
e martë, 3 korrik 2007
It is extremely hard to leave your pet behind when you leave your home for vacations. A German Shepherd is a big dog, but besides that, it is also an intelligent and sentimental dog. These dogs need their space, they need constant interaction, and they need the comforts that they are used to. Hence, finding a dog kennel for a German Shepherd is usually a difficult task.
What You Need to Know When You Look for a Dog Kennel for a German Shepherd
There are a few basics that you need to find out before you decided on which kennel would suit your dog best. The following checklist would be an indicative one:
* Space – it is important that a dog kennel for a German Shepherd have adequate space both indoors and outdoors. This dog needs space for living as others need air. The dog needs to be exercised daily and an outdoor space that is both safe and clean will also be important.
* Cleanliness – your pet would definitely come from a clean and pest-free environment. Most German Shepherds live with the families inside their houses. Very few live in kennels specially constructed for them. Whichever way you look, the animals would need to have a clean environment that is pest free. (Nonetheless, you should equip your dog with an anti-flea collar when you leave it in the kennel, lest it will catch these pests from the others dogs.)
* Staff – check whether the kennel has sufficient staff to take care of the dogs it houses. If the kennel is understaffed, then the dogs might not receive the care that the need – whether it is food, walking, or exercising.
* Kitchen – checkout to see how the food is prepared for the dog. If you use standard formula this will not really bother you, but the kitchen will always give you a good idea of the general hygiene of the place.
* Ventilation – does the kennel have proper ventilation? This is extremely important because a lack of ventilation can promote a number of diseases for the pet.
* Frills – this is of course, a plus point. There are some kennels that provide animals with special facilities such as bath, grooming, silk/plush bedding, chewables, walks twice weekly, music, playtime, special treats, etc.
The above list is an indicative list and by no means exhaustive of all the points to be checked or looked into before you decide on what is the best dog kennel for a German Shepherd. Overall you should only keep in mind that the dog kennel for a German Shepherd has a few special needs above the normal kennels – but these needs are crucial to the comfort of your dog.
e hënë, 2 korrik 2007
Having a dog is a great pleasure; however, you will need to put in a great deal of effort into its care and comfort. A dog needs to be fed, cleaned, and also exercised well. Dog lovers do all this without any trouble because they love the animals, and the pleasure they get from the animal's company far outweighs the discomfort.
Using Dog Kennel Fencing for Protecting Your Dog
Most dog lovers would not dream of having their dog running loose in the neighborhood. Besides the fact that they may get into fights with other dogs, there are many dangers that the dog may encounter when he is loose on the road. The best way to make sure that your dog stays safe is by containing it to your courtyard, and there are many ways to do this. You could use a chain/leash and tie it up, leave him loose in the house, or install some dog kennel fencing.
Look at all your alternatives and choose the best one suited for you. The factors that you will have to consider are your convenience, your dog's convenience, the cost, and the esthetics of the dog kennel fencing.
Ideally, good dog kennel fencing will provide all, but if it is not possible to satisfy all the criteria, then the best is to prioritize and see what factors you should take care of first. The following areas need to be taken into consideration when deciding on the right dog kennel fencing:
* It should contain the animal(s) on the premises.
* It should allow sufficient space for the dog to exercise and feel comfortable.
* It should not be accessible to other dogs and/or people. (Many fences are specially constructed for small dogs; however, while the fence contains the dog, it also allows other dogs to jump in and harass the animals.)
* It should not mar the beauty of the courtyard.
* It should not mar the beauty of the neighborhood.
* It should be within your ascribed budget.
There are many types of dog kennel fencing to choose from depending upon your budget and design choice. The latest types are fences without fencing. Paradoxical? Yes, but that's what the electronic fencings are. These come with an electronic collar and wire that has to be buried where the fence should be. Once the system is installed, every time the dog gets close to the wire, a mild shock is sent to it preventing it from going closer. This works like magic for your dog, however it will not prevent other dogs getting in, and this could cause trouble.
Check out the pros and cons of all the available dog kennel fencing styles before deciding which is the best choice for you.
e diel, 1 korrik 2007
You and your family are finally going on your summer vacation. However, taking your dog along for the ride is simply not feasible. How do you choose the best place for your furry friend to vacation while you frolic at the beach? One of the best ways to keep your pet safe and secure is with a dog kennel. With a kennel, you do not have to secure your dog with chains or keep him locked inside the house
Below are some tips on how to choose the best dog kennel for your pet.
<b>Inspect the Kennel</b>
Any reputable dog kennel will allow you to completely inspect their facilities. The best kennels will have large common areas for the dogs to run around in. A kennel also allows your dog to exercise a little. Unlike in a cage where all he can do is sit, your dog can walk or even run about in a kennel. Also, where the animals relieve themselves and where they eat should be in two different areas. In addition, the general area of the dog kennel should be relatively clean and well kept.
<b>understand the Caretakers</b>
Every pet owner wants to be able to leave their pet with someone who will care for them as their own. So when you go to choose a dog kennel for your pet, but sure to take the time and sit down to talk with those who will be caring for your pet. Ask them questions such as these: How long have they been caretaker there?
How often do they play with the animals outside? How much interaction will your dog receive at their dog kennel? What vaccines are required to stay? These are all valid questions that any reputable caretaker would be glad to answer.
<b>Easy Access to Veterinary Care</b>
Perhaps one of the most important aspects when choosing a dog kennel for your next vacation is whether or not the establishment has access to veterinary care. Ideally, there will be a vet on site to care for your dog if something goes wrong, but access to something like a 24-hour VCA hospital is also acceptable. Be sure to get specific information as to who will perform the care, and what additional cost will ensue if something would happen while you're gone.
Another good point in favor of choosing a particular dog kennel for your pet to stay in is whether or not they have an "initial interview" meeting with you and your pet. Because certain animals can be difficult to deal with, it is essential for both you and the dog kennel owners to have a meet and greet session to make sure that your dog can behave well with other animals and take direction. In addition, it allows your dogs to become used to the idea that they will be staying in some place else for a few days, and that you'll be coming back for them. That way, there is less anxiety all around.
By taking a bit of time, and doing a little bit of research, you can easily choose the best dog kennel for your pet.